Frequently Asked Questions
What is the legal relationship between a trader and the FTMO company during the account management?
The relationship between FTMO Trader and FTMO is based on the Contract Agreement that we will sign with you after you pass the FTMO Challenge and Verification. The FTMO Account Agreement is a legally binding document defining both our and your duties and rights. If you are interested in a sample of the contract, please contact us at [email protected]
What is the process of signing the contract?
Once you meet the Profit Target objective of your Verification (with the recorded losses within the Max Daily Loss and Max Loss limit), the FTMO Identity section will be unlocked in your Client Area.
In the FTMO Identity section, you will be able to save your personal or company details and have them verified by our compliance team.
The compliance checks usually take less than 1 business day for personal registrations and up to 3 business days for company registrations.
Once all the information is verified by our compliance team, it will be securely stored in our system, ready to be used in case you wish to manage your FTMO Account(s) or conclude a new FTMO Account Agreement.
There are two different types of identities to choose from:
1. Natural Person (In this case, you would need to undergo the KYC – Know Your Customer verification process)
2. Legal Entity/Entrepreneur (In this case, you would need to undergo the KYB – Know Your Business verification process)
Once you pass your KYC or KYB check, FTMO Account Agreement will be unlocked for your review and signing in your Client Area – FTMO Traders – Contracts. You will be able to read through the contract and use your FTMO Identity to complete it with just a few clicks.
The Client Area is designed to be intuitive and self-explanatory and to provide most of the necessary information for you, but you can always contact our customer support if you need help or assistance.
Show detailed information on the registration types and necessities connected to each of them.
If you wish to conclude the FTMO Account Agreement and subsequently invoice payouts as a natural person, choose the Natural person option and you will be asked to provide:
Valid government-issued ID document – passport, ID card, or driving license. In case your ID document is solely in one of the following languages, please use an international passport with the Latin alphabet transcription of information – Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Burmese, Dari, Dhivehi, Farsi, Georgian, Hindi, Khmer (Cambodian), Kinyarwanda, Lao, Mongolian, Nepali, Sinhalese, Urdu.
If you wish to conclude the FTMO Account Agreement and subsequently invoice the payouts by a legal entity or entrepreneur (a requirement for successful registration is that you have executive power), choose the Company option and you will be asked to provide:
Official documents supporting basic information about the legal entity/entrepreneur:
- A document confirming the legal existence of the company, such as a certificate of incorporation/registration, recent excerpt from a state company registry, certificate of incumbency, certificate of good standing, memorandum/articles of incorporation/association/registration, or other similar documents.
- A document enabling the identification of all the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (persons with more than 25% share) of a company, such as a shareholder registry, statement of information, recent excerpt from a state company registry, certificate of incumbency, memorandum/articles of incorporation/association/registration, or other similar documents. Please note that bank statements are not accepted as confirmation of Ultimate Beneficial Owners’ status.
- Proof of address, such as bank statement, invoice, account statement, lease agreement, utility bill, extract from a state registry/another equal document from a state registry, certificate of incumbency, or other similar corporate documents.
The provided documents cannot be dated more than 12 months before the date of submission and their combination must provide evidence to verify:
- The company’s name
- The company’s registration number
- The legal form (type) of the company
- The registered address of the company
- The date of incorporation.
If we find the documents insufficient, you may be asked to provide additional information/documents after the provided documents are assessed.
In case the legal entity has several corporate layers (i.e. intermediary holding companies), the relevant documents confirming the company’s legal existence should be provided in respect of each company.
- Information about persons acting on behalf of the company in relation to the business relationship with FTMO (FTMO Traders).
- Valid ID document – passport, ID document, or driving license. In case your ID document is solely in one of the following languages, please use an international passport with a Latin alphabet transcription of information – Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Burmese, Dari, Dhivehi, Farsi, Georgian, Hindi, Khmer (Cambodian), Kinyarwanda, Lao, Mongolian, Nepali, Sinhalese, Urdu.
- Authorisation to act on behalf of the company (no need to upload the authorization in case you are the director of the company or any other official with executive powers recorded in the respective state registry).
Note that we cannot sign a contract with nonprofit organizations or Trusts, just as with companies that are owned or co-owned by nonprofit organizations or Trusts.